1. Tell me a little about your family.
I have two daughters that I’m very proud to call “mine”. I have two step-daughters from a previous marriage who are as close as my own girls are to me. I have a granddaughter that married her best friend a year ago. All told, I have 9 grandchildren! I love the time I get to spend with my girls!
2. What do you see as one of the biggest turning points in your life?
It was when I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer late in 2015. So scared that my life was about to end, I, along with my family, had no clue just how hard we could fight anything. Glad to say that I am still here and still fighting the disease with all my might!
3. What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?
Because I need to listen to my body these days, my favorite thing to do on my day off is sleep – LOL.
4. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
It was from my dad who taught me the importance of values/ethics. He said “Be the best YOU at whatever you decide to do.” I hope both he and my mom are proud of the person I’ve become!
5. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Teleporting – twitch my nose and be there!
6. What is your greatest talent that you don’t utilize in your daily work life?
I took tap, jazz, and ballet (toe) and was pretty good at it – wish I would have kept it all up.
7. Which talent would you most like to have?
8. What local non-profit organization(s) are you passionate about or involved with, and are there any special reasons why?
Key Club – high school version of Kiwanis. I am a Kiwanian but my role in the Kiwanis is to teach leadership and the importance of community service to high school students. I am the District Administrator for the state of Wisconsin-Upper Michigan. Watching these students grow in their leadership skills within a one year term astounds me each and every year. Our younger generation is truly amazing.
9. What is your favorite movie?
10. What is your favorite TV show?
I love all the old shows that aren’t on any more – Leave it to Beaver, My 3 Sons, Perry Mason, I Love Lucy, MASH, and the list goes on and on.