1. How did you get started in the business?
I completed travel school and started in the business at Rosenbluth International in the support department. I used to put tickets together and process paper RENs…..does anyone remember those days!?
From there I moved to a client onsite with Northwestern Travel Management (NWTM). NWTM was bought out by Navigant and then again by Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT). I moved into a Lead role at CWT which involved working with virtual agents, agents in the call center, and agents at rentaplate locations.
2. What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced professionally?
I would have to say this last year has been a pretty big challenge professionally. I was at my last job for 16 years and had a good understanding of processing. Moving into my role at ETI, I have had to learn all about Smartpoint/Apollo, custom checks, account specifics, Agency Technology, SOS, and iBank. Learning the A to Z process has been fun but definitely a big challenge.
3. Tell me a little about your family.
I enjoy spending time with my family on a regular basis.
I have a brother and sister both married with 3 kids each and my mom. We all live within a half an hour of one another.
4. What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?
Sleep in! Although that usually means 8am since I get up everyday around 6am. I also enjoy getting together with friends for dinner and going into the city for events.
5. If you could choose only one descriptive word to be remembered as, what would it be?
6. If you had a theme song, what would it be?
Workin’ 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton 🙂
7. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
The ability to fly. Just call me Supergirl!
8. What local nonprofit organization(s) are you passionate about or involved with, and are there any special reasons why?
I do events for a Pediatric Cancer Foundation called Bear Necessities in Chicago. My friend’s daughter had cancer and it was an eye opening experience. Cancer is something that takes a toll on the whole family so it is nice to work with Bear Necessities.
9. What is your favorite book or the last good book you read?
The Art of Racing in the Rain……if you are a dog lover you should definitely read it.
10. What is your favorite TV show?
I like NetFlix series Nurse Jackie, Grace and Frankie, and Orphan Black