1. How did you get started in the business?
I went to college for Travel & Tourism Management and have an associate’s degree in the field.
Although I was open to any job in the travel industry, I got offered a job at a travel agency during
my internship and the rest is history!
2. What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced professionally?
Challenging travelers are always a treat; for some reason my “kill ‘em with kindness” trick
worked and then they latched on and I couldn’t get rid of them!
3. Tell me a little about your family.
My husband, Joe, and I have been married for 21 years this month (yes we were babies when
we got married) and we have two children; Caitlin – almost 16, and Trey – 12. We have two
dogs, Sadie- Cairn Terrier and Chase – Beagle.
4. What do you see as one of the biggest turning points in your life?
The unexpected loss of my father. There is something to be said about being able to have one
last conversation and to prepare yourself for what is coming and I didn’t get either of those.
5. What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?
Define ‘day off’??? HA! A day off of work means I am carting my kids somewhere or at a
baseball or football field watching my son play. On occasion I get to treat myself with a meal out
with my girlfriends!
6. What are you the most proud of?
Well the mom in me will answer ‘my kids and their accomplishments’ but in addition to that I am
proud of myself for overcoming all of the curve balls life seems to like throwing my way!
7. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Even the strongest people have their moments of weakness.
8. Which talent would you most like to have?
I would like to sing in tune!
9. What local non-profit organization(s) are you passionate about or involved with, and
are there any special reasons why?
Sting Cancer/Pink Out – I have too many friends and family that have been affected by cancer
to not do anything! Last year I was part of a committee that raised over $90,000 for a
community member and his family who suffers from colon cancer.
10. What is your favorite book or the last good book you read?
Night Road by Kristin Hannah is one of my favorite books. Kristin Hannah and Jodi Picoult are
two of my favorite authors.