My iPhone camera is my best travel resource. I use my iPhone to take pictures of almost everything when I travel. For example, instead of keeping all those receipts for meals I simply pull out my iPhone and click a picture and send it to the accounting department rather than stick the receipt in my wallet. Here are some other ways you can use your smartphone when traveling:
1. Take a picture of your taxi cab number before you get into the cab (I always forget when I get out) – This is a safety valve in case I accidentally leave something in the taxi.
2. Take a picture of your car at the airport parking lot – This is an easy way to remember where your car was when you parked it.
3. Take a picture of your rental car – I rent so many cars that I can’t remember what type of car or even the color of the car I rented. I also walk around the car taking a video so I can prove that I did not add any dents during my rental.
4. Take a picture of your meeting agenda – Many meetings today have meeting apps, however, they still give you a binder full of agenda’s etc. I just take a picture of the agenda on my phone.
5. Take a picture of your luggage – If it is lost it is easy to show the airline rep what it looks like.
6. Take a picture of your hotel room number – This is an easy way to remember your room number.
7. Take a picture of your credit cards (front and back) – This is an easy way to have all the information if lost or stolen.
8. Take a picture of your passport – If you travel internationally often you have to fill out forms and this is an easy way to access your passport information without having to find it and pull it out.
9. Take a picture of the restaurant business card that you ate at – This will let you share with friends when they ask for a recommendation of a place to eat (or not to eat).
10. Take a picture of the wine bottle – If you find a great wine be sure to snap a picture and save it.
11. Take a picture of business cards – Many people use a business card app but I find that if I take a picture of the business card along a picture of the person, you can then add their picture to your address book. There are a lot of good Apps that you can use to easily add the business card information to your address book.
Please send me a list of additional ways you use your phone camera when traveling.
October and May are my favorite two months of the year to travel –
The weather is crisp and clear, the summer crowds have all gone home to school and work, and the prices are much lower as travel demand slows. Also if you travel using your airline miles this is a great time of the year to find seats to fly using your miles. If you are looking for some great vacation ideas and prices, please call one of our friendly travel advisors at 402-435-8888 and they would be happy to help.
Alaska Airline knows marketing – Offering “Wine Flies Free” –
The airline, which has extensive routes along the west coast, announced they were expanding their “Wine Flies Free” program to 29 cities. Basically, the program allows members of their frequent flyer program to check a case of wine at no cost. This is a big issue for many people visiting “wine country of Napa and Sonoma Valley”. It is nice to see at least one airline thinking of things that don’t have fees rather than all the other airlines who are trying to find even more ways to charge fees. CLICK HERE to read more.
Please attend our FREE Travel Night featuring Italy, Scotland, and Ireland! –
Please join our FREE and exciting Travel Night next week. On Tuesday, February 27th, at 6:30 PM at The Harbor Coffeehouse (1265 S Cotner Blvd, Lincoln, NE 68510), we will present two of our most exciting journeys this year; our custom tailored back-by-popular-demand tour to Italy, and our awesome combination of Scotland and Ireland, featuring the best of both destinations. Space is limited for this informative and free event, so make sure to RSVP by clicking HERE or call our friendly Group Department at 402-458-9845 to reserve your seat at The Harbor Coffeehouse next Tuesday! We are looking forward to seeing you!
Need information on any of the above?
Call our friendly travel advisors….
Lincoln – 402-435-8888 Toll-free 800-737-0582