Here are 23 simple little things that bring me great joy when traveling
I travel so much that I must admit that simple little things make me joyful. Here is my short list of silly things that make my day when traveling;
- Finding enough room in the overhead bin for my carry-on.
- Having my arrival flight park right next to the gate of my departing connecting flight.
- Finding a restroom within 50 yards of my arriving flight.
- Looking at my airline app and seeing I am #1 on the first-class upgrade list, and there is one seat available.
- Enjoying a friendly flight attendant who greets you with a “welcome” and a big smile.
- Flights that arrive on time, so you don’t have to run through airports to catch your connecting flight.
- Biscoff cookies on flights
- Clean restrooms in airports and on planes.
- Uber rides that arrive in 5 minutes or less.
- No lines at the Auntie Annie’s pretzel store.
- Getting a shoeshine at the Denver airport.
- Finding an earlier flight home so I can enjoy a great night of sleep in my own bed.
- Finding an electric plug to charge my phone on the airplane.
- Finding a hotel bed with a soft mattress that gets me 8 hours of sleep.
- Hotels with two-ply toilet paper.
- Finding a cafe where the locals eat and drink.
- Receiving great personal service and thanking them with a personal “Thank you” as well as a generous tip.
- Looking out the window of an airplane for the 10,000th time and feeling like a kid flying for the first time.
- Seeing that my luggage is the first one to come out on the luggage carousel after my flight.
- Seeing no one ahead of me in the TSA Precheck security line.
- Having an empty middle seat next to me on a flight.
- Seeing the parking shuttle pull up to the curb just as I exit the terminal.
- When the guy sitting in front of me does not try to recline his seat into my chest.
Please share with me a few of the things that bring you a little joy when traveling.
Women of the Midwest – Travel Solo Together! – Want to travel but don’t want to go alone or wait for your friends to be able to travel? Join Women of the Midwest! Our popular women-only tour concept keeps growing each day. Since 2018 our team has been offering domestic and international small group tours for a maximum of twenty like-minded women creating exceptional camaraderie and lifelong memories. A Pair-and-Share program is offered to solo travelers, but single rooms are available, too. Feed your curiosity by CLICKING HERE to see all the exciting trips offered. Thirty-four journeys are on the drawing board for 2024; stay tuned and follow this unique concept via Facebook. Don’t hesitate to contact our friendly group department to learn more at 402.858.0033 / GroupDepartment@executivetravel.com.
Leave a Reply