I think there is a good chance the mask mandate for flying gets lifted this month
The federal travel mask mandate is set to expire on March 18. The question now becomes, will it be extended or ended? My bet is that it ends on March 18. This would give the travel industry one big kick to begin the healing process from COVID. Do you like the idea of the travel mask mandate ending this month or do you think we should extend the mask mandate? CLICK HERE to take a one-question survey.
Having an empty middle seat next to me on a flight is one of the great little joys of life – I travel so much that I must admit that simple little things make me joyful. Here is my shortlist of silly things that make my day when traveling;
- Finding enough room in the overhead bin for my stroller.
- Having my arrival flight park right next to the gate of my departing connecting flight.
- Finding a restroom within 50 yards of my arriving flight.
- Looking at my airline app and seeing I am #1 on the first-class upgrade list and there is one seat available.
- Enjoying a friendly flight attendant who greets you with a “welcome” and a big smile.
- Flights that arrive on time, so you don’t have to run through airports to catch your connecting flight.
- Biscoff cookies on flights
- Clean restrooms in airports and on planes.
- Uber rides that arrive in 5 minutes or less.
- No lines at the Auntie Annie’s pretzel store.
- Getting a shoeshine at the Denver airport.
- Finding an earlier flight home so I can enjoy a great night of sleep in my own bed.
- Finding an electric plug to charge my phone on the airplane.
- Finding a hotel bed with a soft mattress that gets me 8 hours of sleep.
- Hotels with two-ply toilet paper.
- Finding a cafe where the locals eat and drink.
- Receiving great personal service and thanking them with a personal “Thank you” as well as a generous tip.
- Looking out the window of an airplane for the 10,000th time and feeling like a kid flying for the first time.
- Seeing that my luggage is the first one to come out on the luggage carousel after my flight.
Please share with me a few of the things that bring you a little joy when traveling.
Italy and Greece with Women of the Midwest – How does “the best food in the world,” “the most beautiful sceneries in the world,” and “the most hospitable people in the world” sound to you? Travel solo together with Women of the Midwest this June and September. Experience Rome, Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast, Capri, and Naples June 6-16. Or travel in the footsteps of Apostle Paul, September 14-23. Wander past the Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman empires, travel the roads of Paul, Silas, and Lydia, visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and top it all off with a 4-days island cruise. It doesn’t get any better than this. CLICK HERE to see the detailed itineraries customized for a max. of twenty like-minded women; do not hesitate to call or email our friendly group department to secure your spot today at (402) 858-0030 / GroupDepartment@executivetravel.com.